Creating Events for a Business
- Decide what the event will be for (charity, social gathering, presentation, fundraising, etc.)
- Create a page on your site to act as the hub for the Event that people will link to.
- Let people register for the event using a tool like Evenbrite.
- Publicize the event to target audience and more specifically to influencers in your space, whether they be journalists, bloggers, or industry people who are non-competitors. This can be a personalized email, a regular mail / postcard, or even a phone call.
- Spread the word for the event by emailing your mailing list with Mailchimp or Constant Contact, whichever Email Marketing Software you use. Then remember to share the event on your social profiles.
- Ask your influencers if they would be open to spreading the word about the event either by sharing the Event page you created or by mentioning/linking to it in a post on their site.
- Have a good time!