- Identify your prospects using keyword-relevant searches in FollowerWork.
- Export users you have identified from FollowerWonk.
- Remove all data except for user name, full name, website, and influence
- Take those URLs and place them into Outreachr’s Bulk Domain Checker to retrieve link based metrics and add that data to your spreadsheet
- Sort the sheet by link metrics and/or influence depending on your goals.
- Use Social Crawlytics to identify the most shared posts from those users and keep track of it in your spreadsheet.
- Read the most shared post and come up with a unique point of view
- Collect your props for your video. The more remarkable the better. Examples: Crazy Hats, a fake parrot for your shoulder, a stuffed animal.
- Set up an interesting background or find remarkable position to be seated in within your office or home.
- Record a remarkable 1 minute video for each link prospect in Vsnap.
- Say something that contradicts what the prospect can see to give them something to talk about in their response. Ex: If your stuffed animal is leopard call it a panther.
- Your goal is to show you are a real person and that you value their content. If your perspective on their content is strong consider pitching them on writing a follow up on their site. Otherwise use this as the initial outreach and not the direct link request.
- Send the video to your prospect via Twitter, Email or Vsnap’s internal email client.
- Monitor the view counts on your videos to see whether or not the user has watched it and send follow up messages.