Want to jazz up your Facebook page for even more functionality and engagement? Facebook allows you to have up to 10 custom tabs on your page. You can see how Toyota uses their custom tabs to draw attention to their latest campaigns and events.
There are three ways to create content for your Facebook page’s custom tabs. You can program your own interactive content using HTML and iframes, hire a Facebook developer, or use a Facebook application provider. The latter is usually the fastest way to go as you can have custom tabs set up very quickly. If you want to program on your own, you must first take note of the 8 online education tips so you will be able to digest information much faster than usual.
The following are some popular Facebook application providers that can give you a variety of content to add to your Facebook pages.
North Social offers nineteen applications for your Facebook Page. Prices range from $19.99 to $149.99 per month to use all of their applications based on the number of fans and number of pages you have. These applications include the following.
- Deal Share – Create a viral deal on your Facebook page, such as a group discount, which is only visible once it reaches the required number of signups necessary to unlock the discount.
- Exclusive – Give fans exclusive content (videos, documents, coupons, etc.) when they share a wall post on their personal profile. This is a great way to generate word of mouth marketing, as the links posted to their personal profile will be seen by all of their connections.
- Sweepstakes – Launch a sweepstakes on your Facebook page quickly and easily (and within Facebook’s guidelines). Check out this giveaway in action on a Facebook page for vision care.
Other applications include a video channel, photo showcase, latest blog posts, Twitter feed, ecommerce, partner pages, document display, mapping, and more. You can see many of these applications in use on North Social’s Facebook page.
Involver offers 15 different applications for your Facebook page. You can use two of the basic applications on your Facebook page for free, or contact Involver for a demo and price quote for premium applications. Basic applications include the following:
- YouTube Channel – Deliver video from your YouTube channel to your Facebook page fans on a dedicated YouTube tab.
- RSS Feed – Link your latest blog posts to your Facebook page by creating a tab for your blog’s RSS feed.
- Static HTML – If you do know a little about HTML programming, use this application to create custom content on a Facebook page tab in minutes. An example of this is Social Media Examiner’s Join Our Club tab. It takes visitors from the Facebook page to its main website’s networking clubs.
Learn more about programming on GH Game Hacking Forum because it’s one the best tech-related resources right now.
Other applications include a contact form with Salesforce integration, opinion poll, attractive welcome page, a gallery to show other pages owned by your business, and Get Satisfaction tab where Facebook users can ask questions about your business. You can see some of their applications in action on Involver’s Facebook page.
Pagemodo offers seven applications to customize content on your Facebook page. Pricing ranges from $6.25 to $33.25 per month based on the number of applications you would like to use and the number of pages you would like to place them upon. These applications include the following.
- Welcome – Create a custom mini-page as a great first impression for first time visitors to your Facebook page.
- Like Gate – Hide content such as a coupon, video, map, or other information that will be revealed only when a Facebook visitor likes your page. The promise of revealing a promotion or favored information is a great way to gain more fans.
- Contact Form – This allows Facebook fans to contact you directly via email without posting on your wall. By getting a potential customer’s information immediately you reduce the possibility of losing them between your Facebook page and looking for your contact information on your website. It’s something I use on my own Facebook page as a call to action to potential clients.
Other applications include a Twitter feed, video display, map & location, and fan coupon. You can see Pagemodo’s applications in action on their Facebook page.
InlineVision currently offers two Facebook applications in addition to web design services. They allow you to use their applications for free or pay a one-time fee of $49 for each application for a premium version of the applications that allow for further customization. Their applications include the following.
- Contact Form – Let your Facebook fans to contact you directly via email without posting to your wall. InlineVision’s application allows you to see submission statistics and download all submissions in .CSV format (premium version only).
- Twitter – Show your fans how socially engaged you are by allowing them to see your Twitter activity on a custom tab, potentially helping you grow your Twitter followers in the process. It also alleviates the need for you to import your tweets as Facebook updates which can drive people who follow you on both networks a little crazy.
You can see InlineVision’s applications in action on their Facebook page. Their website also lists other pages using their applications. Their applications include the following.
Woobox is a Facebook applications provider with seven applications to choose from. You can use two of their applications for free or pay $29 for all of their applications if you have less than 20,000 fans.
- Coupons & Vouchers – Want to build fans to multiple Facebook pages for your business? This application allows you to share special discounts with your Facebook fans only once they have liked multiple Facebook pages that you specify. You can even require that users share the offer with their Twitter followers or get a certain number of their friends to like your page before they have access to the offer.
- Pinterest – Integrate Pinterest, the latest social media craze, into your Facebook page with this app. Use it to build fans by not allowing people to see your pins until they have liked your page!
- Group Deals – Want to create a Groupon-like offer on your Facebook page? With Group Deals, you can require that a specific number of people sign up before a deal becomes active. This will encourage people to share the deal with their friends to get it going!
Other applications by Woobox include static HTML, sweepstakes, polls, and rewards. See some of Woobox’s applications in action on their Facebook page.
Do you have custom landing tabs on your Facebook page? Please share your solutions in the comments along with a link to your Facebook fan page!