Photo Credit: Antonio Viva on Flickr
Ready to learn more about the latest trends in online marketing and expand your network offline? Conferences are a great way to do both, and depending on where you live, you may not be too far from some of the best events of the year. Here are 15 great online marketing events to consider placing on your 2014 calendar!
Multiple Event Conferences
First, we’re going to look at conferences that have more than one event throughout the year in different locations. This means even more opportunities to network near you!
SMX (Search Marketing Expo) is the world’s leading search engine marketing conferences, organized by Third Door Media, the company behind Search Engine Land and Marketing Land. This expo holds 11 events worldwide with sponsors such as Google, Majestic SEO, Moz, and many other well known names in the search industry. People from all areas of business attend, including corporate management, marketing managers and staff, and IT/web professionals. The following are the dates and locations for this year’s events.
- January 26, 2014 in Jerusalem
- March 11 – 13, 2014 in San Jose
- March 25 – 26, 2014 in Munich
- May 13 – 14, 2014 in London
- May 27 – 28, 2014 in Sydney
- June 11 – 12, 2014 in Seattle
- June 16 – 17, 2014 in Paris
- September 30 – October 2, 2014 in New York
- October 2014 in Stockholm (specific dates TBD)
- November 2014 in Milan (specific dates TBD)
- November 19 – 20, 2014 in Las Vegas (social media focus)
SES Conference & Expo is the leading search and social media marketing event in the industry for experienced marketing and advertising professionals. Organized by ClickZ, this expo holds 9 events worldwide with sponsors such as Microsoft, Google, Adobe, and Twitter. Events are differentiated as SES and ClickZ Live. The following are dates and locations for this year’s events.
- February 10 – 14, 2014 in London (SES)
- March 18 – 19, 2014 in Jakarta (SES)
- March 31 – April 3, 2014 in New York (ClickZ Live)
- May 14 – 16, 2014 in Toronto (ClickZ Live)
- May 28 – 29, 2014 in Shanghai (ClickZ Live)
- August 11 – 14, 2014 in San Francisco (ClickZ Live)
- September 16 – 18, 2014 in Hong Kong (ClickZ Live)
- November 3 – 6, 2014 in Chicago (ClickZ Live)
- December 2 – 3, 2014 in Singapore (ClickZ Live)
Pubcon is supported by the industry’s leading businesses, exhibitors, and sponsors to deliver in-depth sessions on search engine optimization, social media, and search marketing. Their largest event in Vegas offers a variety of conference formats to choose from – in-depth sessions, 1 to 1 conversations, breakout sessions, site reviews, and more. Plus, at New Orleans and Las Vegas, you can dive into their Masters Group Day Training for even more knowledge. The following are dates and locations for this year’s events.
- January 28, 2014 in Austin
- March 17 – 20, 2014 in New Orleans
- October 6 – 9, 2014 in Las Vegas
Affiliate Summit is the premiere affiliate marketing conference founded by Missy Ward and Shawn Collins. If your business wants to work with affiliate marketers and bloggers, this is the place to find them. The following are dates and locations for this year’s events.
- January 12 – 14, 2014 in Las Vegas
- August 10 – 12, 2014 in New York
Social Fresh offers social media training targeted towards marketers from all company sizes, from startups to Fortune 50. It’s a smaller event for higher quality networking, and it is a single track event, meaning that you don’t have to miss out on one thing to see another. There are no panel sessions, so if you enjoy hearing from one social media expert at a time, then this is the event for you. Dates and exact locations are TBD, but here is when to expect them.
- Spring in the East (the last two years have been in Tampa)
- Fall in the West (the last two years have been San Diego)
Conversion Conference is a conference dedicated to just that – helping you increase conversions. It is for anyone who is looking to increase revenue and profit, generate more leads, land more customers, boost sales, and maximize their marketing ROI. It is attended by marketers from companies like CBS, eBay, Nordstrom, Paypal, Yahoo, ESPN, and many others. The following are dates and locations for this year’s events.
- March 17 – 19, 2014 in San Francisco
- June 16, 2014 in Paris
- June 17 – 19, 2014 in Chicago
- October 6 – 8, 2014 in Boston
- October 29 -30, 2014 in London
- November 4 – 5, 2014 in Berlin
SearchLove is an awesome online marketing conference put on by Distilled. The following are dates and locations for this year’s events.
- April 7 – 8, 2014 in Boston
- October 27 – 28, 2014 in London
- 2014 in San Diego (specific dates TBD)
Social Media Strategies Summit
Social Media Strategies Summit is an event attended by over 4,000 marketers at the manager level or higher. Speakers provide relevant, real-life insights and best practices for maintaining powerful social media plans for your business strategy. The following are dates and locations for this year’s events.
- February 4 -6 , 2014 in Las Vegas
- April 29 – May 1, 2014 in Chicago
- June 11 – 12, 2014 in New York
- June 18 – 19, 2014 in Amsterdam
- March 25 – 26, 2014 in New York (SMS for Financial Services)
Single Event Conferences
Now, let’s look at events that are held once a year in a particular location.
Social Media Marketing World
Social Media Marketing World is the world’s largest social media marketing conference held by Social Media Examiner. At this event, you can discover the best social media marketing techniques from the world’s top social media experts. Content is guaranteed to be valuable and pitch free. You also get special networking opportunities after the keynote, during lunch, and at a memorable opening party on an aircraft carrier. The following is the date and location for this year’s event.
- March 26 – 28, 2014 in San Diego
ICON14 (formerly InfusionsoftCon) is the ultimate event for small business success with speakers including Seth Godin, Simon Sinek, and Peter Shankman. It is three days filled with big ideas, powerful strategies, and actionable insights to grow your business. The following is the date and location for this year’s event.
- April 23 – 25, 2014 in Phoenix
Authority Intensive is a content marketing experience designed to take your business to the next level. Sessions cover design, content, traffic, and conversions. The following is the date and location for this year’s event.
- May 7 – 9, 2014 in Denver
MozCon offers three days of actionable sessions on SEO, social media, community building, content marketing, brand development, CRO, mobile, analytics, and more. The following is the date and location for this year’s event.
- July 14 – 16, 2014 in Seattle
Content Marketing World
Content Marketing World is the largest content marketing event of the year. In addition to getting actionable strategies to implement a content marketing strategy that will grow your business, you will be treated to a closing keynote by Kevin Spacey. The following is the date and location for this year’s event.
- September 8 – 11, 2014 in Cleveland
Inbound is a gathering of marketing and sales professionals from around the world to learn the latest inbound marketing strategies. Held by HubSpot, you will gain inspiration and education through keynotes, innovated talks, educational breakouts, success stories, hands-on lessons, and lots of networking opportunities. The following is the date and location for this year’s event.
- September 15 – 18, 2014 in Boston
BOLO (Be on the Lookout) is a small but powerful digital marketing conferences that brings together thought leaders and change makers in the agency world. Here, you will learn how to move your agency forward into the next stage of marketing evolution. The following is the date and location for this year’s event.
- October in Scottsdale (specific dates TBD)
NMX (New Media Expo) for 2014 has already happened, but we wanted to add it to the list so you can plan to go in 2015. This conference brings together content creators from around the globe to learn about blogging, podcasting, web TV, video, and business marketing. The following is the date and location for next year’s event.
- January 2015 in Las Vegas (specific dates TBD)
What events are you looking forward to this year? Please share in the comments!